Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Glad you got it figured out. If this is your first experience with wedge anchors you will be pleasantly surprised how easy and well they work.
    Fastenall came to my rescue, they found a store that had a broken open box of SS Trubolts so I only had to buy what I needed instead of a whole box. Fasenall direct shipped them to me. No store within 50 miles of me had SS Trubolts so I was glad to pay $15 shipping and handling to get them to the house, gas to go get them at the closest Fastenall store would have cost me that.

Thanks for the help Cgotto6 and everyone else. I feel better about doing the job after talking to you guys and doing some reading on Red Heads website.. The internet sure is a great help, I don't know how I would get by without it now.

The son is going to bring his drill to me when he gets a chance. He bought a new 1/2" SDS plus bit for the drill so I should be good to go.

Here's the first job for the table crane after the Trubolts are embedded in the floor.

I'm going to take the 48" mower deck off my Snapper 2003K Z Zero Turn mower and use the table crane to hold the mower deck up so I can work on it comfortably. I need to change the blades and clean repaint the underside of the deck again.

Last edited by tackit; 04-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.

For the guys that suggested all thread. Terrible idea. Especially on something that someone wants to unbolt eventually. My experience with that has been a lot of them twisting off even with the concrete, and when that happens replacing a handrail on very little space to redrill its a royal pita. Unless your using gr8 all thread... which I don't see very often. I just like to do and to see people do things right the first time around

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    For the guys that suggested all thread. Terrible idea. Especially on something that someone wants to unbolt eventually. My experience with that has been a lot of them twisting off even with the concrete, and when that happens replacing a handrail on very little space to redrill its a royal pita. Unless your using gr8 all thread... which I don't see very often. I just like to do and to see people do things right the first time around
    Weldon have you ever came across hand railing mounted in sulfur?

Quote Originally Posted by tackit:306297
    Weldon have you ever came across hand railing mounted in sulfur?
    Not that i know of

Not that i know of
    From what I have been told they used a certain kind of sulfur to hold railings in place in the old days. I think my front stoop railings were done with it. I replaced cheap rusted steel railings with treated wood railings to give a more country look but I never tried removing the sulfur for fear I might crack the concrete. My home was built in the early to middle 70's.