Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mig issuse

Hybrid View

Default Mig issuse

I have a Miller 35s and at times it runs fine and then it will just start to melt the wire as droplets. It will have a soft sound to it not a sizzle sound. I would say like the sound that if you started a piece of plastic on fire and the droplets of flaming balls of melting plastic dropping. I don't know if I made it clear or not, but.... Thanks,Tom

Check your ground clamp connection first, then your liner, drive roll, then start looking inside the machine. Pull the covers and check the selector switch contacts (clean and relube). The lugs on the back side of the front panel have a history of getting a little lose and arcing. Also, mig gun cable may have pulled out of its connection point, GA-20C gun?

I'll check the contacts and lugs. The liner and drive rollers are new. The gun is a Bernard

Thanks, Tom
    Last edited by concreteguy; 04-13-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.