Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I completely understand. I have been unemployed since the 1st of december. I have been picking up side work to stay busy. I'll be back into gainful employment in a week or so. Keep to it. Welding is a addiction. Have fun!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Default New pieces

Same as before 1/8th flat stock, 035 wire, wire speed 55, voltage 5, 75/25 gas using my MM211.

Test piece 1,2,3,5 and 6 was done using the "U" motion
    Test Piece 4 was using a circular motion and Test piece 7 is a left to right motion ( I would start forward (starting left) then back up. I would do this procedure until I reached the end.)

I have tried doing cursive "E's" with just no luck (it just look bad) but doing "U", "Circular" and "back and forth" seem to work out very well for me. Also I seem to be getting better at tweaking my welder settings even getting the "bacon frying" to sound better but I'm still working on getting it to sound more crisp which is turning into an interesting challenge.

Still loving the **** out of this welder!test piece 1.jpgtest piece 2.jpgtest piece 3.jpgtest piece 4.jpgtest piece 5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Heavychevy View Post
    Same as before 1/8th flat stock, 035 wire, wire speed 55, voltage 5, 75/25 gas using my MM211.

Test piece 1,2,3,5 and 6 was done using the "U" motion
    Test Piece 4 was using a circular motion and Test piece 7 is a left to right motion ( I would start forward (starting left) then back up. I would do this procedure until I reached the end.)

I have tried doing cursive "E's" with just no luck (it just look bad) but doing "U", "Circular" and "back and forth" seem to work out very well for me. Also I seem to be getting better at tweaking my welder settings even getting the "bacon frying" to sound better but I'm still working on getting it to sound more crisp which is turning into an interesting challenge.

Still loving the **** out of this welder!test piece 1.jpgtest piece 2.jpgtest piece 3.jpgtest piece 4.jpgtest piece 5.jpg
    Here is file 6 and 7 (did not know there was a 5 file cap)

test piece 6.jpgtest piece 7.jpg