Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default syncrowave 250 help 11

I need to stick weld with the sync 250 and I get help 11 when I start in dc+. I can start in dc- or ac with no problem. I set my process switches for stick welding in dc-, turn off the machine, switch to dc + and restart. All process lights are unlit and I get the help 11. {output selector switch is not in correct position**
    Any help would be much appreciated.

The machine will stick weld in dc- and ac, just can't get dc+ to work.
    Last edited by burninbriar; 04-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

If anyone is interested, I found out that the problem is more than likely a switch on the circuit board. Not a home fix, needs to go in for repairs. I was able to finish the job however. I just hooked the leads up backwards. The repair tech assured me that it would in no way damage anything but I may not have the functions I would normally have in DC +. IT worked good enough for me. Now I just have to load the monster up and take it to the repair shop.

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Thx for the followup report. Hope it's not too expensive a fix.

The Miller tech told me to have the mechanic call them and they can walk him through a repair to the board rather than replacement. Still don't know the cost but he said it would save considerable amount of money.

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Default Having the same problem HLP-11

I have the same machine mine will not work at all , give a follow up when you get a chance . Im beating my head against the Blue Wall !

The board is like $150 to overhaul, unsure if that is expensive?