I bought a miller 211 in 09 and have gotten good use out of it but nothing crazy less then 100 hours. About 6 months ago I was welding on a project and all the sudden its stops feeding. The fan is running but I get nothing when pressing the trigger. So i stop what im doing and take it in. The dealer says something is wrong needs to go to the repair facility. They have it for two weeks I was told they replaced the board brought it home worked great. Yesterday Im building a rack for my trailer about 50% done and now the same thing has happened. Anyone else's machine do this?

Im a excavation contractor by trade I use this machine to make repairs on equipment weld on my trailers etc occasional use maybe once or twice a month but when I need most of time the project needed to be done yesterday! Most material I use are between 3/16 and up to 1/4" steel mostly square tubing, channel etc. Im alittle meticuolous about my things and apreciate the weld quality the 211 puts out. Now im in a bind and need to get this trailer done! im going to take the 211 back to the shop today but im right in the middle of this project. So im going to need something else in the interim . Im thinking of purchasing a miller 252 but ive also had the idea of going the bobcat route as I always seem to find myself in need of about 20-30 extra feet on my gun lol I will also enjoy the the capacity of welding thicker materials.

The 252 would be the easiest choice for the project im in the middle of right now but the bobcat would give me alot of flexibility in the future. I guess my fear is the bobcat being alittle out of my leauge as far as setting the machine up and getting quality welds. My stick welding experience is limited so there will be a learning curve there i just dont know how much. Adding a wire feeder to the bobcat would be ideal but that will push it out of my price range at this time.

Sorry for writing a book thanks for the input!