Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what new tool are you saving up for

I'm saving up for an Extech 250 Borescope. Something I can do without but pocket change, birthday money and Fathers Day cash will make it less of a hit....

The Extech 250 comes with accessories and it's optional camera sizes go all the way down to 4.5 MM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exEA7ZnZq-Q

http://www.extech-online.com/index.p...roducts_id=148

I like the Dewalt too.

I want a 175 Ton Press brake x 10' with dies.

I've got $ 100.00 saved for it, Now I just need to cauph up another 25 - 30 thousand for a pretty good used one.

First on the list is a mag drill with annular cutters in most common sizes. Then a powermax 85. Once I get those cheap things out of the way I'll start building a cnc table to hook the 85 up to.

Portable- You remind me that I'm just working towards a few "cheap" tools to make my life a little easier. Good luck with the press brake. Oh, and did you get your shear working yet?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch (for sale)
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Portable Welder, they say they are affordable. http://www.fab-line.com/

Elvis, here's my small CS Unitech mag drill, I used it to build my shop press, for what I get into the smaller version is plenty of drill for me. I think I paid around $525 for it brand new back 2003. Unitech gave me 10 or 15 % off on the cutters. I wouldn't be without one now.

more photos

Yep. I was looking at a hougan mag setup for about $850 total. I need a press and was looking at building something like yours, which is the major impetus for a mag drill. I'm building a tube bender right now and I could really use an annular cutter for some of these holes. I'm about to just go buy one. But it isn't worth it right now to put it on the cc. Need to pay cash.

Is that 1x3 CRS for the uprights? About 6 feet tall?

How does that drill perform for you? Any issues or complaints?
    MillerMatic 251
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Yep. I was looking at a hougan mag setup for about $850 total. I need a press and was looking at building something like yours, which is the major impetus for a mag drill. I'm building a tube bender right now and I could really use an annular cutter for some of these holes. I'm about to just go buy one. But it isn't worth it right now to put it on the cc. Need to pay cash.

Is that 1x3 CRS for the uprights? About 6 feet tall?

How does that drill perform for you? Any issues or complaints?
    elvis the 1X5 steel legs are not CRS but the 7" channel for the platen is. I bought the 1 X 5x 74" legs and the .314 X 7" channel from a scrap yard for $245 back in 2003. I cut a channel in half to make the feet.

better pic of the legs and holes

Last edited by tackit; 04-10-2013 at 02:46 PM.

That is a nice setup. It will cost me about double your steel costs for all the 1x4 crs that i will need. The motor, pump and valve will be the big ticket costs for my build. hopefully I'll have the cash flow this summer.
    MillerMatic 251
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    That is a nice setup. It will cost me about double your steel costs for all the 1x4 crs that i will need. The motor, pump and valve will be the big ticket costs for my build. hopefully I'll have the cash flow this summer.
    yeah I hear on the steel costs, I think I paid around $350 for my hand pump and cylinder. Bought it from a sister store of Carolina Equipment as I recall.