Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Small boat drag anchor

Made this drag anchor for my sister's pontoon.Parts are an axle from a 1 ton truck and four 13" peices of 1/2" round stock.You tie the rope to the bottom eye let it lay against the shaft and attach it to the top eye with a small zip tie.This will let the anchor snag any rocks,trees or brush on the bottom and hold the boat still.In the event it realy gets stuck you pull real hard on the rope breaking the small zip tie then you're pulling from the bottom of the anchor and it's free!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you got a minute to kill ...work it to death!
    Miller 301 TrailBlazer
    40+ yr old Miller 250 amp Buzz Box

Nice job! Friend of mine used to make them from 1" round stock, with 1/2" for the "branches". All made from 316 stainless. Sold them through the fishing and boat shops. Shops sold them for $200 and sold them quite fast. I guess the other boaters had to "keep up with the Jonses'"...Zip tied to the bottom of the anchor with a 1/2 moon made from 1/4 round bar...
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

i like the zip tie unsnag idea.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137