Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm more of a Fred Flintstone CNC machine type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1NGaZZkTn8

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Hey Jim, do you know how units like the gotorch that use hand held torches trigger the plasma on and off? I have done some reading and I can't find it. Thanks.
    You wire it into the trigger switch wiring inside the machine. The PC video manual has a pretty good list of machine specific directions, as well as instructions to figure out and wire just about any machine there is. It is not that hard.

Yes....they just have a simple two wire interface that has to be spliced into the torch trigger switch circuitry. The output of the GoTorch machine closes a set of relay contacts that does the same thing as activating the trigger switch on a hand torch. The go torch also has two more wires that connect to the DC voltage output inside the plasma cutte as well.....it monitors the voltage for use with the optional torch height control functions.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Hey Jim, do you know how units like the gotorch that use hand held torches trigger the plasma on and off? I have done some reading and I can't find it. Thanks.

That's done 2 ways.
    If you have the CNC interface on your plasma cutter, just plug it into the control box. If you don't have the CNC interface on your plasma cutter, you can splice into the on/off wires going to the torch and make your own cable to connect the plasma to the control box of the CNC.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Jim beat me too it.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52