Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 5 to 15% off until May 31st

Guys,

I have finally reached the point in my life where I can start buying good welding equipment, but I have to do it one piece at a time.

I was wonder if Miller runs these rebates often or is this a one time deal. I was planning on buying a 375 spectrum, but might grab a mig 180 instead due to the rebate.

http://www.millerwelds.com/landing/build-with-blue/

-Graham

Quote Originally Posted by grupe View Post
    Guys,

I have finally reached the point in my life where I can start buying good welding equipment, but I have to do it one piece at a time.

I was wonder if Miller runs these rebates often or is this a one time deal. I was planning on buying a 375 spectrum, but might grab a mig 180 instead due to the rebate.

http://www.millerwelds.com/landing/build-with-blue/

-Graham
    I am wondering the same thing, would be nice if they had rebates on some of their stick welders or Synch series sometimes.

I went in planning to get the 211, but then saw in person how nice the drive roll setup is on the 212 and 252, and heavier duty longer reach mig gun. Ended up with the 252 since it was only a few hundred more than the 212 and they even had weld plates displayed for what each mig machine could do.

I would drive the +90 mile round trip every time over the 2 mile trip to visit the store that has equipment in stock for you to open up and look at every time. In the end it cost me well over $1,000 more than I was planning to spend (and no rebate or cool free stuff), but I think I got the last Mig I will ever need.

I'd spend the extra $200 and get the 211 with MVP and more power and duty cycle.

Alot of features, for the extra money now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post
    I'd spend the extra $200 and get the 211 with MVP and more power and duty cycle.

Alot of features, for the extra money now.
    Yep ! No doubt on getting the 211. I picked one up today along with $160.00 bucks of more goodies. My supplier was cheaper on the consumable kit then online. I got the cover ,extra lenses for hood, and the tune up kit for the 302 Trailblazer. Talked him into giving me a free hat. FREE, after what I spent I should have got a case of them.

As far as a rebate goes, it seems they raise prices and then have a promotion
    which drops the price to what it was.

I have the 180 and I am sorry I didn't get the 211 instead. The 180 welds great but the duty cycle is pretty low on it for anything over an 1/8" thick
    Last edited by weldonwelding; 04-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.