Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 24in xh steam line

Hey guys just wondering if u have any tips to welding a piece of xh pipe this size all my dealings have been sch 80with pipe this size.... I'd just to like to know how many passes and whatnot.... I'm using 6010 root and 7018 the rest thanks for any info

If your welding extra heavy pipe which leads me to believe, High presure steam
    ( You know the kind that will cut you in half if you walk by it and theres a leak.

And your asking how many passes it takes to weld it out.

Plus you dont even tell us what size pipe, The bigger dia. the pipe the thicker it needs to be to hold the same pressure.

Your scaring me with your question.

oops, Sorry you did give the size, There is also a good chance that you need to have 2 welders on a pipe of that size.

Haha yeah its 24 in permapipe.... its just something new they sprung on us on this job with the xh... like I said usually all out underground/ tunnel pipe is sch 80 wich usually I can root to cover with 5 to 6 passes of 1/8... just trying to get an idea of how many the xh will take before I start

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder:305066
    If your welding extra heavy pipe which leads me to believe, High presure steam
    ( You know the kind that will cut you in half if you walk by it and theres a leak.

And your asking how many passes it takes to weld it out.

Plus you dont even tell us what size pipe, The bigger dia. the pipe the thicker it needs to be to hold the same pressure.

Your scaring me with your question.
    Agreed