Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Just Got My Diversion 180

And I must say it seems to be a well built machine. Just the basic turn on & weld. No stick welding with it which is fine. Ran a few beads with it & it's a pretty smooth running machine. Even on the 110 side welded some 1/8" maxed out & dropped a few really nice beads with it. Haven't got to try aluminum with it yet. For those who don't know the foot pedal is really small. Kinda threw me off a little. Its very lightweight. Went to pull it out of the box & was geared up for it to be a little heavier and **** near threw it through the ceiling lol. Just wanted to give my opinion as its a well put together package.
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Milwaukee 4 1/2" Angle Grinder
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    Miller Elite Inferno Hood
    Miller Diversion 180
    Miller Digital Elite Vintage Hood
    Miller Camo Digital Elite Hood

I almost bought one but I didn't like the leads built into it. I would alter it as soon as I got it if there is any way possible...?

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    I almost bought one but I didn't like the leads built into it. I would alter it as soon as I got it if there is any way possible...?
    You can change the torch. Look on YouTube at Diversion 180 modification. I did see on Millers site they sell an adapter plug to hook up the bigger foot pedal. I love how light it is. Its gonna go on a lot of trips to the local marina. Can't wait.
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Milwaukee 4 1/2" Angle Grinder
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    Miller Elite Inferno Hood
    Miller Diversion 180
    Miller Digital Elite Vintage Hood
    Miller Camo Digital Elite Hood

Default Just Got My Diversion 180

I have a super flex cable on my diversion 165 with a CK 17 and CK9 torch. I was not a fan of the hand controls that mine came with.