Goodmorning everyone!!

So, here's a new video I have to share with y'all...

Its my in depth, full review of the Balder BH3 welding helmet from Jackson Safety...

As you may remember, last December the good folks at Kimberly Clark sent out a helmet for me to test out, review, and use in videos, and I was honestly pretty impressed with it.

Its a new design, unlike 99% of welding helmets on the market today, but it *does* have a few drawbacks, as I found... My main "con" of this helmet, was that I actually melted the first one they sent out... Aside from that, the helmet requires clear lenses which are available exclusively from Jackson, it only has two arc sensors, it lacks torch and grind modes and carries an MSRP of around $500, but you can find them cheaper ($350 range) online, if you shop around, that is...

But, there are many things I like about the helmet... Firstly its design, it looks SICK. They pulled off the "yellow-on-black" look flawlessly, the colors have a very nice contrast and it really is a mean looking helmet...

It's very adjustable, Jackson claims its good for shades 9-13, but I'd say its closer to 8-14 myself (more on that, in the video)... The optics are crystal clear, and it carries a FIVE year warranty, which they WILL honor if you have any problems with the helmet...

That hefty price tag also includes Jackson's standard 370 headgear (which is awesome, as usual), but one of my favorite things about this hood, is just how light it is... I mean, its REALLY friggin lightweight, IMHO it weights around half of the average auto-darkening helmet. I'd say this is the lightest A/D hood I've EVER used, by a long shot. When you combine that, with the helmet's beautiful, and beautifully unique blue display, you have a hood thats easy on your eyes, AND your neck... It's a helmet that is exceptionally comfortable to wear for long periods of time, it's clear that Jackson went all out on the ergonomics of this hood...

And although it does only have two arc sensors, I've found them to be super sensitive... I was able to pick up a 5 amp tig arc when I tested the helmet, and I've also found that this helmet's curved clear lenses deflect globs of spatter noticeably better than your average flat clear lens...

I was told it was going to be unlike ANY helmet I'd used before, and I was not disappointed... Its a very nice product, no doubt about that. And, even tho I *did* damage the first one they sent me, I WILL say this helmet is very durable... I make it a point to be a little "rough" with everything I get my hands on, to see how it holds up, and this helmet can take some abuse. Its outer shell is flexible and VERY hard to scratch, and its clear lens is recessed a little, which helps it avoid getting scratched up when someone inevitably sets the hood "face-down". Jackson gives a temperature range in which you're supposed to keep the hood, but mine performed flawlessly during last year's brutal winter in temperatures as low as -15, well below the recommended range.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the helmet... Its lightweight, its comfortable... Crystal clear, well made, and mean-looking... It's a blast to use, and defiantly a *HUGE* step away from the traditional welding helmet... Anyway, I did everything I could to put this helmet through its paces and come up with an objective review for y'all... I've used it doing everything from plasma cutting to overhead stick welding, building truck bumpers to low-amp tig welding, and these are my finding... Well, these are some of my thoughts, the video goes even more in-depth about this hood...

It was really fun to test out, and I truly enjoyed getting to use it...

But that's just me... What do y'all think of this hood? Everyone I've talked too, and shown the helmet to has different things to say about it... As always guys, enjoy the video, and have an awesome week everyone