Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Bobcat 225NT and HF251-D1

Hello All,

I have a mid 90s Bobcat 225 NT and wanted to tig aluminum. I was looking at a HF251-D1. I know the Bob has no connector for a pedal. Will I still be able to start the arc with a pedal connected to the freak box? I really don't like scratch starts. I make a lot of very nice machined race car parts and it tends to make a mess. What will the box allow me to control other than gas? Will I need anything else?

Thanks

Chris

There really is no "scratch start" with hf. You can install a contactor in the hf unit and get a on/off switch on your torch. That's so you don't accidentally strike an arc or shock yourself. When the torch is hot the arc will jump about a half inch or sometimes more

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.