Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We occasionally do a few for the local guys rebuilding stuff. We have a small machine with a 4 foot rotary table and are using round steel shot. Rims need to be degreased cause the shot will stick in the grease and the rim won't clean properly. I can put 4 car rims on the table at the same time and with 2 to 4 times turning the rims over it takes about 40 minutes or so to clean all 4. Rust and paint are usually pretty well all gone down to bare metal. They need primer fairly soon or they will rust again fast. Unfortunately I'm much too far from you to be of any direct assistance.
    Meltedmetal

Doesn't have to be steel, I made one out of an old wooden shipping crate. Put a lexan window in it. I was worried at first how long it would hold up, but it seems to be fine...

Thanks Meltedmetal for the consideration. It's been to cold to open the shop up anyway. I got to wait another two weeks before I can put the tools back in the shop without them and the electricle tools getting rusty and covered in condensate. It's gets bad around here south of Lake Michigan. I use those GM donut tires for building yard trailers, I need to blast two rims. I'll probably use the suction blaster I got from NAPA with just a hose and gun and use black beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by 65-408 View Post
    Doesn't have to be steel, I made one out of an old wooden shipping crate. Put a lexan window in it. I was worried at first how long it would hold up, but it seems to be fine...
    I don't think the power I have would hurt wood either ....unless I stayed in the same spot.