Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 330 AB/P Foot pedal

I have a 330 AB/P and all of the sudden the foot pedal doesn't control amps its all or nothing as soon as you press the pedal if you try to set amps lower it doesn't want to start. Any Ideas or troubleshooting help. The foot pedal is a RFC-23A.

Seems like there is a broken wire to the rheostat.
    From your description, your switch still works.

This remote uses what I call "toasters" as the current control.
    This is a high power or wattage ceramic element so the newer potentiometer based remotes will not work as a substitute.

My suggestion is to open the case and check wire continuity and connections visually first and then with an ohmmeter.
    Also check continuity from the remote connections to the connectors.

www.millerwelds.com/om/o826h_mil.pdf

Good luck
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Many times the wires in the cord exiting the pedal fray and break. Check continuity there too.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Default This should give you guys a chuckle for the day

Its fixed I didn't notice that the upper switch for the remote was bumped to the off position. I'm getting old I guess didn't see it until I unplugged the the foot pedal as the plug and cord hang over it thanks for the replies.