Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Texas Rollback car hauler

Well the company that make the "Texas Rollback" car hauler is out of business. Something about a fire...

I like the design and understand that the Texas Rollback were a better quality than some of the similar competitors but.... List price on a 20ft, "economy' trailer is $6000!!!! That is for an open deck trailer.....

OK, I have big MIG welder, was thinking about building my own anyway (before I heard about the rollback).

Does anyone have a source for plans? I was thinking about looking at a real roll-back tow truck to get ideas but they are a bit of a different animal. Besides the tow trucks use a hydraulic ram that can effectively move worlds. The roll-back trailers are 'passive' (no hydraulics).

This is a dealer that hasn't removed the rollback page yet to get an idea what it is:
    http://www.trailersnmore.net/texas.htm

I have done the 'jack up the front' to try to load a low slung race car. Darn headers hanging on the dove tail.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Instead of moving the axles how about tipping the bed? I have a electric version of this trailer and it makes loading cars and anything else too easy!
    http://www.wjtrailersales.com/Speedloader%20MX.htm
    http://www.wjtrailersales.com/Speedloader%20EX.htm
    Pontiac Freak

there are a lot of good used
    trailers out there i got mine
    for 1500
    Attached Images Attached Images

I work at a trailer dealership in lancaster PA. One of our manufacturers has a tilt bed car hauler.
    http://www.bri-mar.com
    Our Web site is: www.keystonetrailers.com

Hope this helps.
    mm251 w/ 30amp spool gun
    diversion 165
    mm140
    Hypertherm powermax 45

Confuse, did you find plans?

Default No plans yet

There are a couple of companies that make similar trailers. I really like the low loading height coupled with the flat deck (no dove tail).

I did find some pretty good photos on the web and I have a good drawing of the general layout.

I also got a couple of good pictures of how a real roll-back tow truck bed works.

To make one out of aluminum will take a bit of engineering. Never tried building something that big. Not sure how I will control the warping. It will be light enough I'm thinking about clamping it down to the welding table
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Typical tilt trailers have too much angle to load street rods, race cars, etc. The Texas Rollback set the trailer deck on the ground with only a minimal amount of angle and the lowest cars could drive on and because the fenders were in front of the door area in the rolled back position it is easy to exit the vehicle.

Default Texas rollback trailer

I was a dealer for them. Still have a NEW Aluminum stored with all the bells and whistles and a 10k steel.
    I would like to make a few more. If you need pics or dimensions let me know.

sent you an email helpaboy

Sent a e-mail to you also