Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Lets see some pics of your welding cable storage - syncrowave 250 or the like

In attempts to reorganize and use every bit of space in my little shop; I am looking for ideas to organize the cables on my syncrowave 250. It is the older box style with the lifting lug in the middle of the top. It has the factory running gear and until recently had the chrome front handle, as it seemed to take up quite a bit of space. Previously I have just coiled up the cables on top of the welder, but that gets a bit tiring. I wish it had a built in cable older like my Millermatic 210 does.

Not really sure if I want to add extra holes to the sheet metal.

So lets see some pictures of your on machine cable storage solutions.
    Last edited by zachary kling; 03-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Default Cable storage

Quote Originally Posted by zachary kling View Post
    In attempts to reorganize and use every bit of space in my little shop; I am looking for ideas to organize the cables on my syncrowave 250. It is the older box style with the lifting lug in the middle of the top. It has the factory running gear and until recently had the chrome front handle, as it seemed to take up quite a bit of space. Previously I have just coiled up the cables on top of the welder, but that gets a bit tiring. I wish it had a built in cable older like my Millermatic 210 does.

Not really sure if I want to add extra holes to the sheet metal.

So lets see some pictures of your on machine cable storage solutions.
    Whats wrong with the floor? My shop stays busy so it never stays coiled very long........
    My wife says I'm 65 going on 12.....I wonder why she says that?

Its been a month and not a single useful reply? It really seems lately this forum is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by B_C View Post
    Whats wrong with the floor? My shop stays busy so it never stays coiled very long........
    Glad to hear you are keeping busy B_C!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zachary kling View Post
    Its been a month and not a single useful reply? It really seems lately this forum is dying.
    Sorry i don't have an S-Wave...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default Lets see some pics of your welding cable storage - syncrowave 250 or the like

You could possible fabricate some cleats (like boat cleats) and find some real strong magnets to attach to the back so you don't have any holes in your sheet metal. Not real sure how well it'd work, but it seems like it would work fine.

What about notching a piece of metal to go over the lifting lug. Add a couple hooks for the cable on the ends to hang over the side of the machine.

Add Content

My MM200 had a factory looking one on the lift hook, long gone.

I just loop them around the the handle and put the foot pedal on top next to the cooler.

I bought some harbor freight buck 99 wall hangers and hung all kinds of cables.