Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Lincoln Classic III Carburetor

I have a Classic 3 with the Continental TM27 gas engine and it needs carb work. It has old gas in it and it only runs with the choke on. Can anyone provide a link to a service manual for carb removal and disassembly?

Well I got it all cleaned up, inside and out. But now I'm thinking the electronic actuator may be toast. Is there a way to test it? Cruizer???

You mean the solinoid?

Really that sea foam stuff clears the carb out without taking it all apart. No muss, no fuss

I don't think its a solenoid. It threads into the float bowl and appears to be an electro-magnet. I tested it and it is definitely faulty. Maybe I have an odd-ball engine/carb?

Are you talking about the GM engine or the continental. Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by atc250r View Post
    I don't think its a solenoid. It threads into the float bowl and appears to be an electro-magnet. I tested it and it is definitely faulty. Maybe I have an odd-ball engine/carb?
    Its merely a fuel shut down. It should click when 12 Vdc is applied to it, ie plunger gets sucked in, and shuts the fuel off when 12Vdc is removed.

Where are you located? Theres a guy i know that has dozens of these old machines sitting around for parts. He has @ least 2 of every large machine ever made by lincoln, miller, and marquette... im sure a few others too. And he also can order any part for any machine ever made. I am in delaware