Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welders flash

Default Welders flash

ok so i was not aware someone put my shade to 9 on my mask. So I was welding a solid 45 minutes and then after i had a headache and bloodshot eyes. After about 45 minutes the headache went away and my eyes feel fine, but one is still blood shot. Will i get welders flash?

Quote Originally Posted by noobwelder View Post
    ok so i was not aware someone put my shade to 9 on my mask. So I was welding a solid 45 minutes and then after i had a headache and bloodshot eyes. After about 45 minutes the headache went away and my eyes feel fine, but one is still blood shot. Will i get welders flash?
    No.

Welder's flash comes from NO protection. All of the shades, heck even a clear shield, blocks the harmful UV rays.

You just have fatigued eyes.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

If someone was messing with your stuff, id say an A$$whoopin is in line

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    If someone was messing with your stuff, id say an A$$whoopin is in line
    Broccoli is right. But you could have gotten some reflection bouning in your hood from your shirt.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

As far as #9 goes I think I have my hood set to 9 and I have been back and fourth from tig to mig for two weeks and haven't noticed a problem. The mig was set pretty high sometimes.