Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Got a free welder -- Hope it works

I visited my father this weekend and he gave me what looks to be an AIRCO Easy Arc AC/DC 250 Stick Welder for my shop. He can't remember if the welder works or not so hopefully it won't take to much to fix it if something is wrong.

It looks like the one in this picture:
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...7&lid=14639596

Except the outside body of the welder is red and not blue. I'll have to take some pictures of it when I'm back home and post them on here.

This welder has to be from the 70s or 80s because I first learned to stick weld with this exact welder about 23 years ago. I've never heard of Airco before, were they made by another company back then?

Is there any info available for this welder online like wiring diagrams or anything that might help if I need to fix it?

Also, what size breaker should I run this ancient welder with? Somebody put an aftermarket plug and cord on the welder but it does say single phase on the front plate.

I will take some pictures of it when I get home since I am not 100% on the Airco model, but I know the AC/DC switch and the placement of the power ON/OFF and the current control knob look identical to those in the above picture.
    Last edited by clint738; 03-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137