Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

[quote=
    Last edited by weldonwelding; 04-28-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Wow. You guys are so hard. I truly hope any current or potential customers see this and realize how immature you are before having the unfortunate experience have to deal with you in person. Grow up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Wow. You guys are so hard. I truly hope any current or potential customers see this and realize how immature you are before having the unfortunate experience have to deal with you in person. Grow up and move on.

Do you work in a cubical??

My customers are quite a bit more belligerant than I normaly am. So no prob Bob.

They DO care about product delivered, on time and under budget.

What do YOU do for a living Cgoto??????

John

J
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

I'll put some number in here, I haven't, and won't edit my posts on this topic (I'll stand behind every one), weldinweler seem to have edited all of his........ whatever:

Let's go to deposition rates (honestly, I didn't "google" this, I really know and have timed with a groovy wristwatch/stopwatch) and assume that our fearless welder has 400 amps at a high duty cycle available (if not, then derate the numbers, and get out of the Heavy Equipment world):

7014 gives us @ 400 amps a deposition rate of 8.7 lb/hr.

7018 @ 400A yields 9.04 lb/hr.

7024 at the same 400A = 12.6 lb/hr.

A T-4 wire at the same 400A = 15 lb/hr deposition rate.

This is all on the flat, flat welding is easy welding and normaly done by on site hands whop really aren't welders. A real welder will equal or beat the price of a wannabee in the flat ONLY if he's pounding out more weld per hour. Otherwise you are junk

Go to position work, up or overhead (where most real world welds are made), and in heavy equipment world the flux core wires will beat you literally to death if you're trying to run stick against a T-8 wire.

These are my personal numbers from putting a stopwatch to every weld we've made since 1992, and even before that when I was "trying" to help contractors bid welding work.

A guy can work by the hour, he's buying a job in effect, or he can hard money quote work and kill em with efficiency.

Just my take so take it or not.

John

I'll add that I'm a stick rod welder by heart.
    I don't really like most wires but I have kids to feed and do what it takes to get the work.
    We only run FC wire every few years because we weld pipe mainly, but when we do run wire we run several tons of it and make the jobs money because we are schedule sensitive and spec sensitive and competitive at lump sum with anybody imo.

John

I'll also throw out that "heavy equipment" isn't a defined term.

Some cats weld with 10 lb of LoHi on a backhoe and call it "heavy equipment".

Some cats weld 1600 hrs on a shovel dipper repair and call that "heavy equipment".

Figure that one out : )

JTMcC, almost 3 years self employed so get it dude! I'm THE MAN and have no knowledge yet unlearned! Almost 3 years!!!!!!!!! Yea! Admire and bow to me! Bow I said! I've seen it all!!!!!

Laughing out loud am I : )

Why are you callin me out now? All I was trying to do was get you two to keep it on topic. But your obviously the most BA guy on this forum. That make you feel good bud?

And to answer your question, I do not work in a cubicle. I am a general, building projects your wages would take decades to equal. But what difference does it make? You think you could beat up everybody who works in a cubicle or something? Your just proving my earlier point that your immature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Why are you callin me out now? All I was trying to do was get you two to keep it on topic. But your obviously the most BA guy on this forum. That make you feel good bud?

And to answer your question, I do not work in a cubicle. I am a general, building projects your wages would take decades to equal. But what difference does it make? You think you could beat up everybody who works in a cubicle or something? Your just proving my earlier point that your immature. Thanks.

Calling you out? really, I haven't heard that since the 6th grade, except in the movies.

How did you get my tax returns?????

Wait, you didn't, I don't draw wages. You're making it up. You just might make more on one project than I make in decades, but my little business has been keeping us all happy and well fed for 21 years now. Making enough to not need more. Not making a but tiny fraction of your apparent extreem wealth.

Good luck to you you uber rich "general". Good grief, Donald Trump on the Miller forum, who'd a thunk it?

Perhaps I'll get the privilage of kissing your ring some day : ) you rich general.

Poor, poor old John, just wishin he could make a livin.
    Last edited by JTMcC; 05-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Not claiming to be Donald trump rich, you just asked what I do, so I answered. Just saying I've been around the block more than once, just not in the welding world.

In all honesty, not trying to stir the pot, just trying to learn more about welding and I got caught up in this Internet bs. No hard feelings on my end, sorry if I came off like a d***.
    Last edited by Cgotto6; 05-02-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    I'll also throw out that "heavy equipment" isn't a defined term.

Some cats weld with 10 lb of LoHi on a backhoe and call it "heavy equipment".

Some cats weld 1600 hrs on a shovel dipper repair and call that "heavy equipment".

Figure that one out : )

JTMcC, almost 3 years self employed so get it dude! I'm THE MAN and have no knowledge yet unlearned! Almost 3 years!!!!!!!!! Yea! Admire and bow to me! Bow I said! I've seen it all!!!!!

Laughing out loud am I : )
    Like it well said.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA