Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Cool

Obviously you guys never tried to tig weld teeth on buckets. That would really speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    I am going on my third year full time on my own and when I buy equip/trucks I pay cash. I would have loved to buy the airpax this time but just couldn't fork out 10 grand yet... maybe in 3 more years. How does the plasma gouging work for you? I have never used it or even seen it used
    wow 3 yrs? Awful cocky for such short time..
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

3 years is doing well, most dont make it that long.

I talked to a guy the other day with a new tb and said the suitcase was an expensive tool box filler,,,,, but,,,, he is like me, no plasma and no feeder on the trucks but the only reason is,,, I dont need them. I will agree small short jobs its not worth it in the field but if I was being paid to put real weld in or bidding on it would also have a 600 machine, aint no way I would peck at it for very long with sticks, too boring for one.

If it wasnt for wire feed could have easily talked myself out of this trade a long time ago.

Since this thread seems to have the attention of all the best stick welders and others,I wondered if anyone can tell me the correct way to dispose of welding rod stubs /unused welding rods,I heard a rumor that our wonderful EPA has deemed them a hazardous waste,but I have not been able to verify that,Weldon since you are in a part of the country that likes to dictate alot of the rules (no offence meant) the rest of us should gladly follow, I thought you might have some input,not to mention you obviusly burn alot of rod.BTW when we going to see the finished product of that alum bed you were building or did I miss that?Sorry to hijack this thread but Im a newbe forum guy and and old welder.thats my excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    3 years is doing well, most dont make it that long.
    Lol.Been welding for the union 23yrs.Been running my business/rig 18 yrs Part time as most you know.But i,m pretty sure i got enough hrs burnin rod or wire and fabricating to hang with best on this forum.Oh ya all my stuffs paid for too,long time ago.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

weldinwelding said:

"Uninformed... no. Experienced. ''The numbers'' what numbers...? I dont get my info or "my numbers" from googling it and comparing on a website. I run my own welding/fabricating buisiness that is doing very well. And i have also worked for a few of the very best shops in my area. Most of my work is hourly since most of my work is equipment repair. Though some of my very best work is done in your mothers pantys while i pay her with crack"

I say:

Well my goodness, I wasn't aware that you'de owned a welding business for "coming up on three years". So you have it allllll figured out, over my "google" reply. Maybe some day I'll have your vast storehouse of experience to fall back on, I doubt it tho.

What you DON'T have figured out, concerning your comment about my Mom, is that there are a lot more grown men out there than you realize that have absolutely noooo problem doing a year in the penitentiary over comments like that.

J
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

That's nasty no class talk that shouldn't be used in a barnyard much less on a Commercial website that has young kids reading it. Bad order ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit:306698
    That's nasty no class talk that shouldn't be used in a barnyard much less on a Commercial website that has young kids reading it. Bad order ticket.
    Your right... none of these posts should go where they tend to go. But if you look around you will see not to many people stick around on this site, seems to be very few posts that dont turn very negative and off the original subject. My original intentions of joining this forum were positive, obviously since i put all my info and pics up. as time went on its turned into a big joke that i amuse myself with throughout the day. Im sure among other "welders" its not the first time they have heard or talked a bunch of $h... this profession is not for the faint of heart. Though that may not make it right, it is the truth.

You were the first one to steer it down skid row Weldon. Before your comment about the guys mom everything was still somewhat productive.