Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
J. Hall, I've been told by some of my older buddies that the old 55s were the best or only wire machines back in the day.

However, I diddn't mention that because I thought it was alot of money for that old of a machine and I personally have never run one so I dont know how good they really are compared to the new machines.

Tryagn5, I'm guessing you have a crane and compressor for the weight you mentioned because thats exactly what my 550 weighs plus or minus a few hundred.
My truck is a 2002 f550, im currently removing the box on the 1997 and putting it on the 2002. My srv box is a maintainer box, 6000lb crane, hyd compressor, gas compressor, welder tools etc. Simply put these trucks get heavy fast. I forgot to mention that i would not make it on welding alone, i dontmknow what kind of welding he plans on doing, but i see no reason to run a welder any bigger than a tb325. I do some large repairs in the quarry and the tb275 is plenty of welder. Any larger of a welder would require a stepmup to 650/750 chassis. Since he asking about welders i doubt hencan afford that.
Kevin