Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tedster View Post
    this one welds nice i just used the last of my C 25 gas the welder is on the low side now tomorrow i am gonna put a bottle of CO2 on it my buddy let me borrow and wire it on the high side and see how it welds,the new switch and cover and liner is a $100 bill seems like a nice welder for a total of $600 with the parts i can live with that.
    But if i do 3/8 or 1/2 in with it i need the high side working for proper penetration
    Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Hope it works out for you.
    this one welds nice i just used the last of my C 25 gas the welder is on the low side now tomorrow i am gonna put a bottle of CO2 on it my buddy let me borrow and wire it on the high side and see how it welds,the new switch and cover and liner is a $100 bill seems like a nice welder for a total of $600 with the parts i can live with that.
    But if i do 3/8 or 1/2 in with it i need the high side working for proper penetration
    cope

the high side works good this thing really sings on high range i do not care for the CO2 much now i now it works ok i will order a new switch, I get that fixed and liner and new everything on the end of the mig gun this thing will be a nice welder, this thing is way nicer then the MM250 at work difference of night and day even with a bad liner

cope

the high side works good this thing really sings on high range i do not care for the CO2 much now i now it works ok i will order a new switch, I get that fixed and liner and new everything on the end of the mig gun this thing will be a nice welder, this thing is way nicer then the MM250 at work difference of night and day even with a bad liner
    This makes me regret even more that I didn't pursue the NOS Vintage I found when I bought my MM210.

i have not got nothing bad to say about MM 210 i used one for 18 months in a fab shop it was a great welder in fact they had a MM 252 and i would use the 210 over it any day, i do not like the continuous voltage on the millers they are really touchy i will take the tap over it any day

i talked to him after i found out about the switch i believe him when he said he didn't know anything about it,he did not have it listed for sale he responded to a want ad i had on Craigslist he originally wanted $700 for the welder and tank he was gonna put it on CL for $800 i had him at $500 on the welder he is a decent guy self employed and he had another 100 Amp wirefeed he had no need for it really he felt bad when i called him back he said he would give me a 3ft tall full C 25 bottle thats a bought bottle so i am gonna take it.
    it still welds good
    I am all for buying used but that is always a "beating down point " i like to make with a guy selling something , if i get this thing home and something is wrong your price isn't such a good price and i am stuck with a $500 POS . it doesn't seem like you did bad $600 in a $12-1500.00 machine your not hurt ! i just bought a oxy/acetylene rig with all victor stuff on it for $100 bottles and all i just had the regulators and torch rebuilt and will buy new hose and haven't got the bottles filled yet i told the guy who is a friend that i am taking a risk i don't know anything about this other than it's quality stuff and what i might have to go through if i can't get the bottles filled and he understood that's what you deal with buying used . sometimes you hit a home run and sometimes you strike out . Chris

I quess its just me but i cant believe the buyer wouldnt try it first,seems crazy to me

Quote Originally Posted by chub380 View Post
    I quess its just me but i cant believe the buyer wouldnt try it first,seems crazy to me
    if your referring to me buying the welder you didn't read all the post, i did try it it welded good even with a bad liner it was hard wired on the low side i did not know the MM Vintage had a high&low range the selector is fried. we wired it on the high side it works great soon as i get the switch and new consumables it will be great

Quote Originally Posted by ctinberg View Post
    I am all for buying used but that is always a "beating down point " i like to make with a guy selling something , if i get this thing home and something is wrong your price isn't such a good price and i am stuck with a $500 POS . it doesn't seem like you did bad $600 in a $12-1500.00 machine your not hurt ! i just bought a oxy/acetylene rig with all victor stuff on it for $100 bottles and all i just had the regulators and torch rebuilt and will buy new hose and haven't got the bottles filled yet i told the guy who is a friend that i am taking a risk i don't know anything about this other than it's quality stuff and what i might have to go through if i can't get the bottles filled and he understood that's what you deal with buying used . sometimes you hit a home run and sometimes you strike out . Chris
    i was bummed at first i didn't know what it was gonna cost to fix, i am happy with it he is not giving the C 25 to me for free he said he would give it to me for $75 which is a good deal its a 80cft thats full