Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Miller 200le need help

I just bought a 200le and the guy told me it ran and welded so I went home and hooked jumper cables to the ground and starter and could only get it to turn partially over so I manually tried to turn the engine over and it will go about half way with ease and then hits a hard spot and will not turn anymore you can turn it the other way with ease untill it comes around to the same spot and it will not go any further any suggestions would be appreciated by the way it's an Onan. Thanks

Take the plugs out and try to turn it through the bad spot.

Take it back? You should of had him demo it or tried it yourself.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Default Miller 200le need help

Well I payed very little for it and I can scrap it and make more then I have in it. I think I can make something of it. I was just looking for some advise I'm very mechanically inclined I just didn't know if I had enough battery current going to it ( like if there is a safety ) in it not allowing it to turn

​like they said take the plugs out and turn by hand if it does turn good you may have to set the valves to spec that's where I would start.

It could be a broking connecting rod for one of the pistons. But if you didn't pay much for it might be worth fixing. I have a AEAD 200LE its 40 years old and runs very good. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by browniethewelder:304278
    It could be a broking connecting rod for one of the pistons. But if you didn't pay much for it might be worth fixing. I have a AEAD 200LE its 40 years old and runs very good. Good luck!
    Definetly agreed. I have a newer bobcat 250, a Lincoln sa200 and my aead. My aead is my go to machine. Love the bead that thing burns. And does well with gouging 3/16 copper clad rods. I would definetly fix it if its not more than around 1500 parts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbiema06 View Post
    I just bought a 200le and the guy told me it ran and welded so I went home and hooked jumper cables to the ground and starter and could only get it to turn partially over so I manually tried to turn the engine over and it will go about half way with ease and then hits a hard spot and will not turn anymore you can turn it the other way with ease untill it comes around to the same spot and it will not go any further any suggestions would be appreciated by the way it's an Onan. Thanks
    Hi, just wondering if you found out what was wrong with your motor in your 200 le? Please let us know, thanks.

Default william in nc

take off clyinder heads could have nut bolt or something got dropped down carb, found out on mine that was the problem