Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tedster View Post
    cope

thanks for the link the parts are like just under $80 like a $20 difference from the welding supply near me that will buy a new liner,
    i talked to the guy i got it from he said he won't give me any money back towards the parts because he said it welded fine for him and he didn't know nothing about it, BUT he did say he would give me a full 3ft tall bottle of C 25 for $75 that is a bought tank so i told him i would take it
    Sounds like an 80' cylinder. That's not bad. I just wonder if he had someone switch from high to low while welding.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Sounds like an 80' cylinder. That's not bad. I just wonder if he had someone switch from high to low while welding.
    thats exactly what i was wondering because it says specifically in the manual not to switch under load

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you have currently been running C25 on your other unit, continue doing the same with the Vintage. As long as your skill level is up to par, as much power as the Vintage offers, you should have no trouble producing sound welds on 3/8" or 1/2" steel with C-25.

With C02 once you hit around 160 amps on the output, it becomes an annoying gas to deal with. Arc quality is generally poor, and the spatter level just keeps getting worse as the output power level increases.
    you are correct on the weld spatter being worse at high amps with CO2 i do not like it at all might be ok on smaller amp welder for better penetration but i put the MM Vintage on the high side today with the CO2 on it and it was terrible need to get the high-lo range switch for it but the high side works good