Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Default C 25 gas vs. Co2

    i know with C 25 you can get nice clean welds but if your welding with a 250 Amp MM Vintage on 3/8 or 1/2 steel how much better will CO2 penatrate

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    839

    Default

    If you have currently been running C25 on your other unit, continue doing the same with the Vintage. As long as your skill level is up to par, as much power as the Vintage offers, you should have no trouble producing sound welds on 3/8" or 1/2" steel with C-25.

    With C02 once you hit around 160 amps on the output, it becomes an annoying gas to deal with. Arc quality is generally poor, and the spatter level just keeps getting worse as the output power level increases.

  3. #3

    Default Danny

    the reason i asked i thought the CO2 burned hotter i have never ran CO2 my friend said it burned hotter, i have more problems then the gas i just bought the welder today and did not know it had a high low range on it and the high low selector is fried, i just looked at the receipt the guy give me and he didn't even put a price on it i give him $500 for it. i wish i would have done a little more research i am almost sure he won't give any money back i may be wrong kind of bummed i know it probally ain't a cheap fix.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Danny if it sounds like he won't give your money back offer him a hundred for his time, you never know, he may have a conscience. $400 back is better than nothing. I hate to hear stories like this, good luck, I hope you make out.
    Danny did not buy it, tedster did


    ​i am gonna talk to him tomorrow and see what he says

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tedster View Post
    the reason i asked i thought the CO2 burned hotter i have never ran CO2 my friend said it burned hotter, i have more problems then the gas i just bought the welder today and did not know it had a high low range on it and the high low selector is fried, i just looked at the receipt the guy give me and he didn't even put a price on it i give him $500 for it. i wish i would have done a little more research i am almost sure he won't give any money back i may be wrong kind of bummed i know it probally ain't a cheap fix.
    Check with http://www.miller4less.com/ The switch is PN 171 610 . . SWITCH, selector 2 position (When ordering this part order 186 058 also, this is the dust cover)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    839

    Default

    How do you know that the hi/lo selector switch is fried? if it is only working in one range you may just need to cycle the switch back and forth a few times. Do this with the machine in a no-load state.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How do you know that the hi/lo selector switch is fried? if it is only working in one range you may just need to cycle the switch back and forth a few times. Do this with the machine in a no-load state.
    Danny

    i didn't know it had a high and low range on it pics will explainIMG_0556.JPGIMG_0554.JPGIMG_0553.JPGIMG_0552.JPG

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Check with http://www.miller4less.com/ The switch is PN 171 610 . . SWITCH, selector 2 position (When ordering this part order 186 058 also, this is the dust cover)
    cope

    thanks for the link the parts are like just under $80 like a $20 difference from the welding supply near me that will buy a new liner,
    i talked to the guy i got it from he said he won't give me any money back towards the parts because he said it welded fine for him and he didn't know nothing about it, BUT he did say he would give me a full 3ft tall bottle of C 25 for $75 that is a bought tank so i told him i would take it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cave Creek Az
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Just fix the switch, even an additional $80 and you still got a good deal. If you could just put in dinse plugs and use a jumper, similar to the MM200, but you would still spend $50 to rig that up. You could also just bolt the terminals together for the range that you will most likely use. I fixed mt selector switch by machining a new shaft.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Just fix the switch, even an additional $80 and you still got a good deal. If you could just put in dinse plugs and use a jumper, similar to the MM200, but you would still spend $50 to rig that up. You could also just bolt the terminals together for the range that you will most likely use. I fixed mt selector switch by machining a new shaft.
    i don't even know if the shaft will come out of this switch the plastic housing looks like it melted together pretty good i have not messed with it much i might tomorrow.
    it does weld nice for having crappy wire on it needs a little attention i think its gonna be a good welder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.