Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Troubleshooting help for Bobcat 225G

I have a Bobcat 225G with no power output. The problem developed suddenly in the middle of a job. I have 12V at the brushes. I could use some help troubleshooting from there.

Look in your manual there some fuses there in a fuse block either not getting contact or blown out

Default Checked Fuse

I see a fuse in a fuse block which I checked and it was ok.

It's been awhile since I've been inside one but I think there were 2 fuses take your multimeter set it it for continuity check from one end of fuse block to the other with fuse in . If its good you will have to start it and check with the multimeter for ac where starts and keep going till you find where it stops maybe a plug connection or something. Is that bobcat 225 g or a 225 gplus

Page 6-5 shows 2 fuses one inline and one in the fuse block how does the slip rings look may clean with commuter stone

I'll look for other fuses. The machine is a 225G. 1994 model

Did you actually meter the fuses out? or did they just "look" ok

Did you take the top cover off the machine to check?? Cause thats where "They" are.
    Last edited by cruizer; 03-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.

I've got all the covers off and I found the inline fuse. Both fuses were fine. I had 12 VDC at the brushes so just out of curiosity, I let my meter probes rub on the rings to see if I had voltage going to the field windings. I got zip there. So I pulled the brush holder loose and found a broken brush lead. I'm sure that's my problem. Now, I'm going to replace both brushes, clean out the dust from inside the unit, and button her back up... after verifying it's working correctly of course!

Good deal I'm glad you found it

I'm glad it was nothing too serious. I had already started having visions of having to find a replacement. Of course, I'd love to have something slightly larger and diesel powered with multi-process capability but that's gonna have to stay on the wish list for a while. Most of our stuff is shop work or done with the suitcase or Dynasty if in the field.