Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hf -251-d-1

Hybrid View

Default hf -251-d-1

I just bought a hf-251-d-1 hardly used for 350. The guy bought two of them about 10yrs ago for a job and hadn't used them since. I feel like I gotta good deal... what do u think?

Good deal, Cyberweld has them for $1,232 list / $1,025. Let us know how it works. It's always nice to hear of someone happening into a good deal.

http://store.cyberweld.com/hfhigfreqarc.html

I just used it and it works great. No problems at all

Not bad. I just bought one for about the same with a weld craft wp20 and pedal... haven't used it yet.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch (for sale)
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Havent used mine in at least 10 years, I was thinking about getting rid of it because I run my Dynasty off my Pipe Pro generator.

However, In the event that my Pipe pro dies I shoud have an alternative.

I should Dig it out and get re-aquanted with it.

Iv'e only used mine on one job.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder:304154
    Havent used mine in at least 10 years, I was thinking about getting rid of it because I run my Dynasty off my Pipe Pro generator.

However, In the event that my Pipe pro dies I shoud have an alternative.

I should Dig it out and get re-aquanted with it.

Iv'e only used mine on one job.
    I have been loading up my econo twin hf when I absolutely have to tig aluminum on site. As long as its thin it does good but its pretty heavy. I do quite a bit of aluminum in the field so this just makes it easier. My next toy is gonna be a dynasty 200dx, maybe by the end of summer...hopefully.

Weld on Welding, Id like to have a 200 DX for portability but since I have a crane on my truck, I'm able to take my Dynasty 300 tig runner water cooler and all out to the job site.

The only bad thing is that I dont have enouph generator power to run it wide open when pluged into the 230 volt single phase power.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder:304168
    Weld on Welding, Id like to have a 200 DX for portability but since I have a crane on my truck, I'm able to take my Dynasty 300 tig runner water cooler and all out to the job site.

The only bad thing is that I dont have enouph generator power to run it wide open when pluged into the 230 volt single phase power.
    That's not bad if its not too often or deep in the plant. I have been researching the 200dx and I'm quite impressed with its functions. Do you really think you could do much gouging with that thing? If it can do what it says it can and keep up with burning 1/8 7018 all day, gouging here and there and then tig weld aluminum. That's pretty good for a little box you can carry on your shoulder