Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default AC Stick Welding Project: Plasma Cutting Flat Stock Decapitator of Doom

Morning, everyone!

This is my newest project... I go through a LOT of 2" flat bar stock, 3/16 and 1/4 thick in the production of my YouTube videos, and I'm always looking for a better way to slice & dice it so its ready to use...

I decided I'd make a combination dead-stop and straight edge for the plasma to speed things up, and so I did... I used nothing but scrap metal from around the shop, leftovers from other projects, and A/C on my Hobart Stick-Mate (which I resurrected for this build) just to make things that much more interesting.

I completed this build with 6011 and 6013 only:

And I'm pretty thrilled with how it came out. The guides are fully adjustable width-wise on a pair of rails, they're just clamped down so I can set this device to cut flat stock from 1" in width, to 10" wide.

Also, the straight edge can be moved back and fourth, distance wise, so that I can cut strips between 1" and 8" long.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this project... Hope you guys like the video

Default Jigs.

Decent idea to speed up your process. I have watched several of your videos and always pick up a good point. Sure takes a lot of time shooting the videos im sure. I am going to make a jig to use for my plasma but haven't got a design i like yet. Thanks for the video...................Fireman Bill

Noooo problem, thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed it

Never got to see the welding project. All the waving around of the camera made me too seasick. Try putting that thing on a tripod.