Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ttahoe1,

We do read every post on the Forums every day, but if you require a response from Miller, itís best to contact customer service directly. You can reach them by phone (920 734 9821) or email through the Contact form located here: http://www.millerwelds.com/service/contactus.html.

Although we do jump in on the Forums from time to time, their main purpose is to provide a place for members to connect with each other.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tttahoe1 View Post

I've got an old Lincoln tombstone arc welder. Perhaps I will see if I get any better response from the Lincoln team when I request help from them.
    Yup the Lincoln forum is ready and waiting ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I can't believe you ask such a question when that's not done much and then belly ach about about nobody getting involved and then get the moderator involved this is a great site don't mess it up . Do a Search for the the Lincoln site you may be there awhile good luck and good riddance . I just found out the other day what a troll is.

Quote Originally Posted by tttahoe1 View Post
    Team Miller,

Surprising to me that a forum sponsored by the company and part of your website - isn't monitored by company personnel.

My post/request has had 225 views. NOBODY from Miller spends time on this site?

I could understand if it was an obscure welding forum - but my question was about a Miller welder.........posted on the Miller sponsored forum.

Comment in any direction you want - just comment.

I've got an old Lincoln tombstone arc welder. Perhaps I will see if I get any better response from the Lincoln team when I request help from them.

When y'all are in your corporate meetings trying to figure out how to improve brand loyalty - may I suggest a discussion around replying to customers asking for help? I guarantee you it will go a long way. I am positive that you can find some consulting firms that will teach you how to say "hello" to a customer.......in exchange for a lot of money.

Thank you so very much. My experience was great.

OK, as a Miller CST tech, your idea is Foolish and economically unwise. The time and cost that you will spend in a machine shop getting it "just right" will be huge. And yes lots of people look at the posts, some may help if they can, and some will ponder this idea as strange as it is. Remember that not everyone is tech.

I don't visit here everyday. I have to work for a living....

..............and just like THAT - I get 13 replies.

Most of which were kickin' me around, but that is alright. Probably deserved on my part.

I appreciate the guidance and probably should have just called the tech line.

Apologies to anyone I offended - including Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    ttahoe1,

We do read every post on the Forums every day, but if you require a response from Miller, itís best to contact customer service directly. You can reach them by phone (920 734 9821) or email through the Contact form located here: http://www.millerwelds.com/service/contactus.html.

Although we do jump in on the Forums from time to time, their main purpose is to provide a place for members to connect with each other.
    Thank you for the reply. As mentioned a minute ago - apologies. I guess I was feeling lonely.

No harm done, especially after apologizing. I think members don't like when people come around here for one question and expect to get all of their answers immediately. This is a great resource, and we all want it to stick around for many more years to come. The search function if the forum works really well too. You may find good info on the gas engine in your bobcat, as that seems the most cost and time efficient route for you. Good luck getting it going!

I'm not a expert like these guys but I had a bobcat with the performer engine one time and if I was going to try something like you want to do I would go to somebody that works on welders I'm lucky I have a older man close to me I can get advise from or major work done and he keeps a lot of old welders for parts i read read this site for small repair and enjoyment

Our Engine Drive department wanted to reach out with this advice as well -

While Miller doesnít supply or sell rebuilding kits for engines, we would recommend referencing the following website or calling Cummins directly at 763-574-5000.

http://www.cumminsonan.com/

There is a lot of engineering and testing that goes into pairing generators to engines. One has to consider heating/cooling, vibrations, fuel delivery, fuel tanks, transportation, regulations, etc. There are too many dynamics here for us to make those recommendations. Sorry.

Oh I think it sounds like a great project.....if you're smart enuff to make it work!
    But I'm thinkin' that the taper on the crankshaft will pretty much stop you cold in your tracks. Unless your diesel has that taper as well.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX