Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Wireless Remote Question

I just bought the wireless hand control for my Trailblazer 302. I'll also be getting the wireless foot pedal for the tig torch.

Does each wireless device need it's own 14 pin receiver? Or can I just get the pedal and use the receiver I've already got with the hand control?

Thanks.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Default Wireless Remote Question

I would think they are paired together. They don't seem to have a code to switch for different sub frequency.
    Good question, hope someone has the real answer

I don't own one but, in the manual it tells you how to pair devices to receivers.So seeing that, would think you could have a pedal and a remote with one reciever.

Last edited by Amc724; 03-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Default wireless control

Let me know how you like it. I have thought about getting one for a while now. Just hard to spend the money without knowing if I'll like it
    ARMOR
    MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
    Trailblazer 302
    X-TREME 12VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Millermatic 135
    WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
    Smith oxy set.

Thanks for the feedback. After reading the manual, it appears that you can use one receiver for both transmitters. You would just have to make the receiver learn the new transmitter. Looks quick enough but would probable become a hassle in the field.

My bigger worry now is....... Page 8 of the manual shows the compatibility chart. The chart shows the foot pedal doesn't work with the Trailblazer. I hope that's a typo.
    Last edited by kvwall; 03-18-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Changed page number
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

i had one for my pro300 and was not impressed. on my machine i lost 20% of my amp range. set my machine at 300 amp. turn my remote up and when it got to 80% i would already be at 300 amp. i got it replaced with another miller wireless. set at 300 amp, turn up the remote and i would hit about 80% the machine would show about 270-280 amps.the last 20% on the remote the amps on the machine would not move. so i returned that one as well.my lws inquired why they both worked improperly, miller said that was how they worked on the pro300. for $1000 they could afford to program the remotes for the different classes of their machines i would think. to top it off i got stuck with the restocking charge for the second remote. my rant for the morning.

I just got an email from Miller stating the wireless foot pedal won't work on the Trailblazer. Seriously? So am I stuck with lift arc for Tig?
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Quote Originally Posted by kvwall View Post
    I just got an email from Miller stating the wireless foot pedal won't work on the Trailblazer. Seriously? So am I stuck with lift arc for Tig?
    You were stuck with lift arc anyway, unless you got a high frequency box.You could always get a corded foot pedal w/ a long extension remote cableHope I don't break the TOS here but on the welding web a guy jas a long remote cable for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Amc724 View Post
    You were stuck with lift arc anyway, unless you got a high frequency box.You could always get a corded foot pedal w/ a long extension remote cableHope I don't break the TOS here but on the welding web a guy jas a long remote cable for sale
    Thanks.
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™