Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSapien View Post
    The part that really baffles me is that it is called a "welding table", but I guess you can't really do much "welding" on it.
    I have this table. It is good for little things. Mine warps too and I expected that given the thickness of the table top...was surprised you were surprised about this as well...give you've surely warped thicker stock welding it already. It is what it is...basically a portable, fully adjustable table that is conductive, fire resistant and light duty...for light duty work. I like mine despite the sweet shape shifting it does while using it. as somwone mentioned...if you have the space....it is a tremendous opportunity to build a true welding table with a thick top side....with drilled slots to clamp thru yadda yadda yadda....far as cust service goes.....unless the co is built with it in their culture its simply a low paying, high turnover job filled with dbags that are angry and rude......which is ironic to the position title itself! Good luck!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Update on Strong Hand Tools customer service. They sent me a replacement Nomad table top which arrived today. I'm not sure if this post had any play in that, but the bottom line is that once I was finally able to contact them, they took care of the problem rather quickly. I appreciate their efforts and will gladly purchase from them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSapien View Post
    Update on Strong Hand Tools customer service. They sent me a replacement Nomad table top .......................
    Hey - that's pretty impressive/interesting. but is the table top the 'same' structurally as the other?

I've been thinking about this a bit - perhaps - since you have a 'set' now - if you take the "old" top and once off - weld up some flat stock on the bottom of it - like an 1/8" thick, 1/2" wide piece of flat with the 'short edge' against the bottom of the table it'd stiffen it up quite a bit for you. Will add some weight to it but....would be a nice alternative and/or second table top to the frame you'll be welding up for it using the replacement!
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

The tops are the same 14g. Looks like nothing's been changed. They claim that they have not had this problem with any other customers...that my tabletop is the first to warp.

What you suggest is very similar to what I had in mind. That sounds like it should work just fine. I was going to just get a 1/4" plate to mount to the top but I think I'll try the supports first. That way, I'll be able to still use the slots for clamping.

I really do like the portability and design of the table, although I still want to see Miller's version up close. I don't think that the supports would add too much weight to the table. It should still be "portable". It's pretty lightweight now so a few extra pounds shouldn't hurt. Much lighter than a 1/4" tabletop for sure.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions. Thanks...

Hey - as I have the same table and somehow - have the 2nd table in the history of that table to warp when used - would be interested if you don't mind in seeing you're final product and results - I might do the same thing to stiffen mine up......errrrrrrr - so to speak! Perhaps you can PM me a picture or something after you've done it if you don't mind....thx.
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Maybe you should change the title of the thread? It seems to me that with in two weeks you had a new top without having to send the old one in. That seems like pretty good customer service to me.

Hope it works out for you.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Maybe you should change the title of the thread? It seems to me that with in two weeks you had a new top without having to send the old one in. That seems like pretty good customer service to me.

Hope it works out for you.
    You're right. I'll check on how to accomplish that. Thanks...

Default Strong Hand Tools come through with excellent Customer Service!

Quote Originally Posted by jfk92 View Post
    Hey - as I have the same table and somehow - have the 2nd table in the history of that table to warp when used - would be interested if you don't mind in seeing you're final product and results - I might do the same thing to stiffen mine up......errrrrrrr - so to speak! Perhaps you can PM me a picture or something after you've done it if you don't mind....thx.
    I would be happy to do that. I'll try to get to the local Tractor Supply this weekend. If not, then early next week...

I've got the same table. It has it's limitations but will do 95% of my jobs. This table folds up nice because space is limited here. I got in on sale at Northern Tools. It came with a nice clamp and some ok magnets. People get confused with the term "welding table" expecting a strong, beefy table. That it's not.
    Last edited by Wheat; 03-24-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: misspelled
    Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
    Dynasty 200DX
    Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
    Trek 5500
    1966 Amphicar

Cool

They must have quit making them as they aren't on the website.
    http://www.stronghandtools.com/
    Their other welding tables are pretty impressive...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48