Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Weldtec vs CK torches Interchangable heads

Both companies seem to be highly regarded on this forum?

Both offer a rotohead.
    Only weld tec offers a Ball Joint. BUT the rotohead is not compatable with any other torch bodies / handles.

CK flex lock (aka roto head) and Flex head are inter changable to the same handle with an adapter. (i hope that make sense)

BUT Flexheads wear out over time.

My question is; which is a better foundation to start from???

My application is a Dynasty 200dx. Welding SS headers, and Aluminum intake manifolds. I also do mobil side work. And intend to learn to walk the cup on pipe.

I need an air cooled torch to get me going right now then but will build a water cooler down the road and invest in a 2nd torch.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Answering my own question. If you have a generic handle, you need the following.

To add a Weld Tec Ball Joint Head...
    Ball Joint head - 1718-70
    Sleeve Assy - WTB-A1
    Body - WTB-A

To add a CK FlexLoc Head...
    body - FLTBA
    LBB3L - Head
    FLAF - Adapter

The CK adapter goes from generic thread on the power cable side to metric on the head side.

If you buy a CK Flexlock Torch Assy; you can not use any other head because the power cable supplied is metric thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.