Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Has anyone went to AIDT training in alabama?

Looking to see if anyone on here has been to the AIDT training center in Alabama. My welding teacher really wants me to go there and said that he can get me into it which is supposed to be fairly hard to get accepted into. (Only 30 or so students per year/term). I'm also thinking of going to community college for my welding technology degree just to further my chances at being able to land a good job and hopefully keep moving up. Thanks in advance everyone

I went for about 2 years at the Montgomery college back in '90-'91 , never went to AIDT which usually trains for specific company positions. Where are you located?
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

I'm located in south alabama, towards Mobile. The AIDT program is a training place to train for many different jobs around the area and to also achieve better welding skills. I want to work at Austal, and they train you specifically for Austal, in the same ways things that they want you to know how to do before they hire you

It is my understanding that Austal would send you and pay for your AIDT training if hired.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

They do some sort of training but the AIDT training classes are free. You just have to be accepted into the program first which seems like its the hard part, but my welding teacher said he would make sure I got in.