Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default hobart handler just got tired

few months back i dusted off my at least, 10 year old handler, to get the mice out of it, it welded fine, yesterday, i tried to weld with it, the wire was coming out real slow, i did all of the normal stuff, like tension on the wheels ect, what made it work was to double the wire speed, if it called for number 4, ws, i would place the knob on number 8, it ran fine, but the settings are way off, any clue to what has happened

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    ...any clue to what has happened
    Well kevin, apparently your Hobart Handler doesn't appreciate mouse urine.

neither do i but at least i go to work when asked and give 100 per cent, ya know, its one thing or another with equipment, not just welders, but any thing, if ya dont use it, it goes to crap

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    neither do i but at least i go to work when asked and give 100 per cent, ya know, its one thing or another with equipment, not just welders, but any thing, if ya dont use it, it goes to crap

Again kevin, if you treat something like crap it goes to crap.

Kevin, call Hobart Tech. Service at 1-800-332-3281.

now dipso, did i say that i treated it like crap, i stated that it never gets any use, thanks, i will call hobart tomorrow

Default probably the liner

Open the tension arm on the drive. Does the drive roll turn double the speed? With the tension arm clamped down does the drive roll slip? Really, it sounds like the gun was coiled up too small or too long and the motor cannot push the wire through the liner.

Yes, I agree, change the liner !

........Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

nope! good advice, not the liner, i pulled the trigger with no load and no wire on the wheels, it did the same thing,running it at no. 4 ws, it was bairly moving, i have had this welder for over 10 years, it owes me nothing, as long as i can limp it along