Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    No field board, no go go power. It turns into a #159150, might want to replace it before you continue on. Why it blew is anyones guess, likely though its just old age and conditions where the machine was kept.
    I thought the man at Miller told me that board controlled the DC circuit and would not affect the AC output. Maybe I misunderstood?

Are you saying the current part number for the board is 159150?

Any reason not to attempt to fit a new resistor and cap to my existing board? Can't hurt it any more, correct?

Thanks for your input.

You could try, but the board isn't all that expensive. And it won't work anyways as a linear would be damaged as well. Resistors generally don't up and blow without a direct reason. and that would be something in the control of that circuit.

Resistor and cap replaced on the board, no change. Surprise.

The man at Miller mentioned the field needing to be recharged as this particular machine could lose the charge if it had sat for an extended period. He said to apply 12v to the capacitor with the unit running. I did that by running jumper wires from the battery terminals to the cap. I noticed no change after doing so.

I did notice that all of the terminals of the receptacles have continuity to ground, any thoughts on this?

Any advice on the next steps to take? I will try giving Miller a call again on Monday.

Well of course its a neutral bond circuit,ie the neutral and ground are bonded to the frame. Again no field board no go go power....

What's the best source for boards? Am I better off to replace other components at the same time?

Thank you.

Yes, inexpensive board like I mentioned, why screw around with the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Yes, inexpensive board like I mentioned, why screw around with the old one?
    Because buying a board will nearly double what I have invested in the machine? By attempting to replace the components on the old board I'm out like $3, it would have been great if it worked, but I think the risk was worth it.

cruizer, I would just like to say thank you, for trying to help me get this thing going. I'm sorry for all the stupid questions and I appreciate you taking the time to answer them over and over.

Should I order anything else (156289, 173069, 035704, 130515, 097353) while I'm at it?

I will report back after the new board is installed.