Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    570

    Default Making a cart

    Decided to make a cart instead, first one so its kind of a do as I go thing. Not finished but will hold way more weight than the tires will allow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    Decided to make a cart instead, first one so its kind of a do as I go thing. Not finished but will hold way more weight than the tires will allow.
    I like that.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

    Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    I like that.
    Thanks, I put the handle on today. Can't make up my mind where to mount the welder. I can stand on the corners, it doesn't tip. Just seems weird to have it in a corner but that opens up more bed room.


    Thinking about a rail across the back maybe a couple feet high to hang grinders and things from.

    Anybody have any suggestions as to what add ons would be beneficial?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    The Fire Extinguisher is going to bounce out of the cart traveling down the road and wreak havoc inside your trailer.

    I would suggest a Roll cage-(Square or round tubing) around the cart- as it sits there is no way to strap it to the side of the Trailer wall.

    Just FYI on carts:
    with 2 swivel wheel you push
    with 4 swivel wheels you pull.

    You didn't post up a pic of the handle but I would make the handle at the rear of the cart, which will require you to move the swivel wheels to the rear also.

    Hard to tell the dimensions but make sure it fits through a standard door- if you see yerself working inside somewhere.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    The Fire Extinguisher is going to bounce out of the cart traveling down the road and wreak havoc inside your trailer.

    I would suggest a Roll cage-(Square or round tubing) around the cart- as it sits there is no way to strap it to the side of the Trailer wall.

    Just FYI on carts:
    with 2 swivel wheel you push
    with 4 swivel wheels you pull.

    You didn't post up a pic of the handle but I would make the handle at the rear of the cart, which will require you to move the swivel wheels to the rear also.

    Hard to tell the dimensions but make sure it fits through a standard door- if you see yourself working inside somewhere.
    I just sit the fire extinguisher there, don't know if I would be carrying that one. It holds a good bit of water but a little red dry chemical maybe better and have the larger close by.

    I like the idea of a cage but why can't you pull two swivel wheels in the front with a handle long enough so you don't run over your heels? if I cage it, I can push or pull. I guess your stating the standards, thanks.

    Its 31" wide 48" long. Should fit through most doors, mine anyway.

    Thanks again for the ideas

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    I just sit the fire extinguisher there, don't know if I would be carrying that one. It holds a good bit of water but a little red dry chemical maybe better and have the larger close by.

    I like the idea of a cage but why can't you pull two swivel wheels in the front with a handle long enough so you don't run over your heels? if I cage it, I can push or pull. I guess your stating the standards, thanks.

    Its 31" wide 48" long. Should fit through most doors, mine anyway.

    Thanks again for the ideas
    If you have a long handle like a wagon then yes but the wheel geometry works a little differently , but for carts with swivel castors usually much easier to steer the cart by pushing.

    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    782

    Default

    I've always wanted to buy an old Ford Ranger or Chevy S10 and make it into a flatbed, put a gas drive on it, something small for on the property and to help my farm neighbors out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.