Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    For home use air is not okay. TIG, or GTAW, welding uses an inert gas, typically Argon or Helium, as a shielding gas.

A 30 amp 230v circuit will work for the Diversion 180, per the online owner's manual. Miller offers quite a lot of useful information if you will take the time to look in the Resources section at the top of the page.
    Air Cooled Torch- Knucklehead
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

turbo38t Guest

Well, it depends what you have for a power supply. If you have 220 then I recommend an older Miller dialarc HF (Airco had the same one rebranded). Can be had for under $1000 used. I have a Diversion 165 which is a good hobby welded but now that I am doing more side work I would prefer something with ATLEAST a balance control and gas flow controls. Syncrowaves are good but draw a bit of power.

Thanks all...and darn auto correct (tight = tig). I see quite a bit on the Everlast equipment. Offshore which always bothers me and when I do spend more I'm never disappointed. But wondered for a entry level tig with some growth use...Everlast on the list at all?

Regardless I'm thinking Miller as the 211 I bought is oh so nice a welder. And as the wife says...color matches my eyes???