Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miller 211 or Hobart 210

Im getting my first welder. Planning on the miller 211 or the Hobart 210. I know they're both owner by the same company. Which do you think is the best bang for the buck and why. Thanks

Maybe do a seach for yourself. No one here can tell you one way or the other. but remember, while to 2 firms are under the same umbrella . Miller is Presidents choice while Hobart is the no name brand.

The Hobart power is a hair more because of the indexed settings and I was told more reliable for same reason but I never had a prob with any miller mig.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehofer1 View Post
    Im getting my first welder. Planning on the miller 211 or the Hobart 210. I know they're both owner by the same company. Which do you think is the best bang for the buck and why. Thanks

I bought the miller 211 mvp, they had the Hobart right next to it, but it had more plastic parts to it (the mount for the drive motor, for 1)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtow30t View Post
    I bought the miller 211 mvp, they had the Hobart right next to it, but it had more plastic parts to it (the mount for the drive motor, for 1)
    You must have purchased your unit a few years ago, or they had an old stock Hobart. My attached picture is the wire drive for a current 210 MVP.

Miller's wire drive contains more plastic on it now then the Hobart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Danny; 06-15-2014 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ehofer1 View Post
    I would say go for Miller because it doesnt look like there is much different between them and the Miller is slightly cheaper. Im not an expert on the welders but thats what I would suggest.

I think Miller says BUILD WITH BLUE. My vote is for the 211. I like mine.

done alot of welding with the hobart. as for running fluxcore or shortarc it burns nice and smooth but you run into trouble with the spool gun setup. now it could be the miss use of the spoolgun by the guys in the shop . when they first got the machine the spoolgun worked fine but i went back a few months later to do another job and the spool gun looked like it had been through ****. the owner said it was a cheap gun and just didn't hold up but i some how think it was the guys useing it. anyhow it went to junk real fast. it was a copy cat miller spoolgun i think a 100 seriesit was melted cracked and just about everything else that could have happened to it. i think if you was to put a better spoolgun like maybe a 200 series it would hold up better .now for the mig gun after a while something went wrong in the gun itself the trigger had to be squeazed hard for it to work so i took it apart and adjusted it and it worked fine after that. just like the spool gun when i went back a few months later it was tore up too the nozzel would do a 360 turn all the way around but yet it would still weld pretty good. over all i think the hobart would hold up pretty good for someone who doesn't abuse the machine but if i was to buy one i would definetally upgrade the spool gun.can't comment on the miller because i only welded with one for a day or so

Default I would choose Miller 211

I have had my miller 211 now for a few years, upgraded from a Lincoln 3200HD (smaller welder). I have never had any issues with the 211 but had plenty with the Lincoln. I shopped Miller because of the plastic parts in Hobart, but would probably still trust Miller over Hobart in the future. All I can share is my feedback as a proud owner of the 211. Good luck!

blue, always!