Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Whats with power switches on the rear?

Is their some logic in the on/off power switch being on the rear of both my Miller 211 and the Hyperthern? Its a bit of a pain fumbeling along the back edge feeling for the switch. No big deal breaker but curious if anyone knows the logic to the rear?

I can't tell give you the logic but it is inconvenient to say the least. I have gotten use to it but it took a while.
    Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
    Miller 200 Syncro
    Miller 375 Extreme

I agree, They did it in my 2050 plazma and on my Dynasty.

Likely it is cheaper to make, less heavy gauge copper wire. Probably saves them $1.25

Could be carry over from the Pow Con days. They are tough to operate. They say Miller bought Pow Con for the inverter technology.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Likely it is cheaper to make, less heavy gauge copper wire. Probably saves them $1.25
    No reason to worry about the convenience to the owner... Or lack of.
    Lincoln did it on the Invertec also.
    Jeff

Default Saving a few pennies

As a former manufacturing engineer, I think that saving a few pennies is the real reason. From a human factors issue, it is just bad design, no excuse for it. Many welders do have the power switch on the front, where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Richard

Highly Phuking annoying. Couldn't agree more.

The switch on my MM210 is on the front, but turned horizontal. NBD to me, but when it came out there was a lot of complaints.

My MM140 has it right upfront where it should be. If it really bothers you, you could extend the wires cut a hole and mount it in front where you want it. But that may void the warranty then, not sure.