Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pedal issues

Default Pedal issues

I got a syncrowave 350 lx. When I plug the pedal in the high frequency comes on and stays on for a minute and shuts down and HLP 10 appears. Anyone know where the problem may be?
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

I believe HLP10 is "remote output control is activated, release output control to clear help message"

It sounds like your pedal is stuck slightly on. So you probably have output at your torch; be careful.

Does the machine operate properly without the pedal? Has the pedal been damaged, slammed, dropped?

When I bought my syncro 250 I had the same problem. Someone dropped the pedal and bent it enough to activate the internal switch where the machine thought it was welding when ever the pedal was connected. Thankfully my older syncrowave doesn't have a built in computer and I just bent the pedal back into shape. All was well.

Did you try clearing the machine's help function?

Default pedal

I got it fixed. The micro switch was bent just a hair. Thanks for helping me out.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove