Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default HardSurfacing 101 (Video)

Goodmorning, everyone!!

This is one of my newest videos, and it's a little crash-course in hardfacing with a stick welder...

To be honest, its a little outside my area of experience, but I'd had a LOT of requests for a hardsurfacing video, so I researched it for hours, practiced a little, and put this together... Hopefully, if you're interested in hardfacing, this will be enough to get you started

Anyway, this is one of those cases where a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'll do my best to describe it for anyone who cant/doesn't want to watch the video itself... I talk a little about what hardsurfacing is, and about preparation for the process... It goes over putting down a "buttering layer" of softer metal to act as a go-between for the softer base metal, and harder "cover layer", and also to repair the base metal... I even wear an apron in this video

Just thought I'd share... Have an awesome Tuesday, everyone!!

(I'll have more videos here soon... Although Im currently on "forced vacation" after damaging a camera during a welding shot... Best Buy has it now, the protection plan I bought with the camera covered the new lens, but it'll probably be a week until I can make more videos )

Thanks for sharing. I have yet to hard surface anything but I hope to some day.