Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

on my way home from work 10min ride. daughter calls we chat get home still chaten get in house unload everything (can't remember all) so after another 10min. chaten dang tell her got to go left cellphone at work she say's what repeat what I said (she said okkk kinda funny say's ok daddy)( put phone in shirt pocket) wife heard me says while heading for door where ya going I say left cellphone at work out I go before anything is said!!!!!! WELL get in truck and it HITS ME!!!! da_ _ I'm not going back in!!!!!! so go to basement for awhile wife comes down later smiling say's it comes and goes don't it I'LL pick some brouchures up tomorrow if ya want me to

that can happen with anything. Start of heating season is another issue. no heat. My response, is switch on ? Breaker ? OH ! Long quietness on phone. Wife must have hit it.

Have set my sweatshirt on fire while grinding titanium pieces.
    I wear leathers to weld in but cotton to grind in - go figure.

A while ago, I had to make a metal shield for a friend's wood stove.
    Used a piece of cardboard to make a pattern and traced the pattern on the metal.
    Cut it out then realized that I had not flipped the pattern over before I traced it.
    Of course the pattern was not symmetrical so I had to make another.

Think I would have learned from that but recently had to get a new side view mirror cut for my car. Made a pattern but again marked it on the wrong side. I now have a spare for the other side just in case.

Everytime I do something dumb like this I put $5 in a can on the work table to remind me.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Any alcohol involved?

I had to fix a hose reel at the house. I had fixed the aluminum crank on it in the past.

Made up my aluminum pieces for the reel, started the repair.

About 8 beers and 20 tungstens in. I finally took the magnet out.....

So you can't weld Aluminum to steel, hmmm....

A week ago I got a new Tig welder. It had issues with the torch and foot pedal, and I was so distracted that I left the full 125' Argon bottle with the valve back seated. Two days later I found it empty. At least I now know what refills cost at my LWS.

Oh yea. When I first got my plasma I was in the middle of using it on my first job with it and kept having the arc quit after performing poorly while cutting. Figured maybe the consumables were bad, swapped them out and no change. Finally while walking back up to the work piece I see the ground dangling by its handle on the piece of plate. Won't do that again.

A while back I was running all new pipe on a dredge.. we couldn't get the dredge close to shore so we had to use a john boat with no motor. One really early morning I got everything on the boat, paddled out, the leads were already strung out to it from the previous day, i got in position and no arc. Forgot to start the welder! And of course I was the only person on the site...