Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting Welds

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    As a matter of fact, I found his suggestion very informative. We should be appreciative of Jim's participation on this forum.
    I agree.

Hey Jim (sorry Frank)If you are from Hypertherm just wanted to let you know I bought one of your plazma machines awhile back (powermate 45)I could not be more pleased with it.I'm not a yardart guy but I do a fair number of signs 3" - 18" letters and this works great,Im pretty much old school and am probably one of the last hold outs,Yes you can cut 20ga with a torch ,but this sure beats it.BTW Frank I cant imagine there is not a welding shop in your area that would not be more than happy to replace those casters for you,but I could be wrong.Just make sure you are not using a left hand cutter on a right hand die grinder.Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Forger View Post
    BTW Frank I cant imagine there is not a welding shop in your area that would not be more than happy to replace those casters for you,but I could be wrong.Just make sure you are not using a left hand cutter on a right hand die grinder.Good Luck!
    And deny me the opportunity to fill my tanks and use a cutting torch for the first time in thirty two years?

Its been fun learning all the different ways of doing things, and I get to buy new toys.