Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks. I washed down the garage last week and now it should stay clean. I hate a dirty garage. Now if only I could get my wife to stop parking in my shop...that way I'd have room for a few more tools!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSapien View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I don't think I can justify a hole in the garage door, but I did think about cutting one in the outside wall though.
    When I was a mechanic the garage doors in our shop had these: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...2332/C2328.oap
    2007 Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    2005 Miller Passport 180

Let me just run that past the wife and see how see likes it. Naturally, I would put it on her side of the garage. I think it would look great over there. I could put some lacy stuff around it for her. Seriously, that's a great idea, but...

Nice project. What about venting it through the roof? You know, put a cap on it like ya do for a furnace or stove.
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

That would work. I have an attic above the garage. A vent could be run up into the attic and then out the roof. Now that's something that's feasible. Thanks for the idea. I'll have to ponder that one...

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSapien View Post
    Thanks. I washed down the garage last week and now it should stay clean. I hate a dirty garage. Now if only I could get my wife to stop parking in my shop...that way I'd have room for a few more tools!
    If you would like for her to quit parking in your "SHOP", stop calling the structure a "GARAGE" and only refer to it as a shop. Only use the word garage if it is in referance to building another covered area for her to park.
    The fan set up you have made looks very handy. One suggestion that comes to mind is to rig the two outer fans to one switch and the center one to it's own. This gives you the option of using 1, 2, or 3 fans at a time depending on needs at the time.

She got a kick out of that! The dual switches is a good idea. Isn't it great when people are left alone to their own ideas and the suggestions of others?

Google replacement Lincoln activated carbon filter. They have one that is shaped like a box for $56, you could probably rig that up to work with your fans??

I'll check it out. Thanks...

Don't run it through the roof. I'm a general contractor and I can tell you from experience. It is much more difficult to keep watertight. I would look into running through an exterior wall if possible, or pop into the attic and then route up against the backside of an attic vent ( gable end vent, ridge vent, or bird block). I try to avoid retro fitting pipes through any roofing material as its almost impossible to do it properly.