Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Aluminum welding setup for Millermatic Vintage???

Hello,I have a Millermatic Vintage mig welder. I want to be able to weld aluminum.It is not something I will do very often but just from time to time.I need to know what is my best way to go here and what all I need to set my welder up for this.I think i need a Spoolmatic 30a feeder and a wc-24 control box.That's a pretty expensive set up if I am correct.Or should I sell that welder and buy one already made for a spoolgun?
    I work in a bodyshop and most of my welding is light duty.(just some fyi)
    Thanks

A machine that is already setup for aluminum, basically just has the WC-24 already inside of it.

You'd still need the 30A spool gun. sooooo, since you already have a machine, best just to get the WC-24, and the spoolgun. Overall it'll be much cheaper to use the equipment you already have....

Cool

You have a choice of 3 spoolguns for that machine and you just need the gun of your choice and the 10 pin module.
    Millermatic® 250/Vintage All Serial Numbers Spoolmatic® 15A, Spoolmatic® 30A
    Spoolmate™ 200 Series and the 10-Pin Module #043084 ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Cool

Thanks for the info. Now i just have to search around and see if I can find a good deal on those parts.