Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by clint738 View Post
    I sure wish they would have put the CST 280 on there. Would have saved me from having to look so much for deals. That 211 is tempting, but I would have to find someone to buy my 140 to justify the purchase. Would be a waste having 2 migs when I really need the arc welder for thicker out of position stuff.
    I would put the 140 for sale NOW and see what happens. You got nothing to lose. Program good til end of may.
    As far as two machines, depending on your type of projects, set up the 140 with .024 wire and the 211 with .030.
    You can NEVER have too many machines. Ask any of the guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I would put the 140 for sale NOW and see what happens. You got nothing to lose. Program good til end of may.
    As far as two machines, depending on your type of projects, set up the 140 with .024 wire and the 211 with .030.
    That is like saying that you can have too many tools... NOT POSSIBLE! On the other hand women can definitely have too many shoes!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    My MUST buy thing now is a great stick welder. While I like having lots of tools, I can't justify to my wife purchasing 2 new welders in the same year.

So not sure if I want to sell the my barely used 140 if I can't get a new 211 in the same year to replace it. I've seriously only used 1 full 4" roll of flux-core wire and almost a 1/4 of another 4" spool since I bought the thing new summer of 2008. I've never even hooked up the gauges to a bottle, only used for flux-core its whole life. The thing has spent 90% of its life stored with a miller cover over it and then the whole thing covered in plastic to keep the dust off.

I have a project in mind using 6" 9lb/ft H-beams to put a 20' long loft in my shop to move storage there out of the garage and the attic. While I've mig welded some over the years (1 or 2 small projects a year), its been 10+ years since I used a Big 300+ amp mig welder for anything substantial. So I'm not sure if I want to trust my mig welding skills to something that will have up to 2,000 lbs on it 8' up in the air with my toys under it. I've seen many instances on line where mig welds look nice but have no strength (penetration) so I feel more comfortable running 6010 and 7018 to put this together.

Even though the 140 has little use, just not sure I'll be able to get anywhere near $500 for it due to its age and I don't want to be out of a mig if I have a thin project come up that I don't want to try to stick weld with 3/32 rod.

Decisions, decisions...

Well Clint 738, sounds like you better get the CST 280 Now. Then you will have until end of May to decide on another.

Shark Bait and Hardrock40 . On the Welding web site a member posted they honored his earlier purchase. See post #5
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=253311

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
    Wish I had known about this promotion sooner - I picked up my Spectrum 625 X-Treme about a week ago. My LWS did not have any information on this promotion. O well!

Miller: Any chance of getting "Grandfathered" for two weeks?
    Unfortunately, the promotion is only available between March 1st and May 31st.