Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Newbie here and I need Help for class

I am doing a project for class, I need to do a Career interview about what I plan on doing after college and welding is exactly what I want to do. In order to do this project I must ask a experienced Welder a set of questions.

Your Name(First, last)

1.What is your title(Arch Welder, Mig Welder Etc.)
    2.What is the required degree within your field?
    3.How many hours do you work per week?
    4.What are your job responsibilities?
    5.What is a typical day like?
    6.What is one challenge that you face in your position?
    7.What is the most rewarding aspect of your job
    8.Is there anything in life that helped prepare you for your current job?

Welcome to the forum ..Maybe you should find a welder to interview in person? I'm betting you will get a lot more out of it.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Welcome to the forum ..Maybe you should find a welder to interview in person? I'm betting you will get a lot more out of it.

Thanks for the Welcome, but I wish I had the time to do so, which is why I turned to this to find someone I can interview.

Can someone please respond to my question?

Rob Young

1. Weldor, fabricator
    2. One year welding school, 5 years experience
    3. 40-60
    4. Complete a predetermined 8 hour work block
    5. Get set up, weld or fit with my focus on quality
    6. Being expected to perform at the best of my abilities day in day out.
    7. Knowing that what I do for work helps save lives
    8. Previous work experience, Being detail oriented, keeping in mind that anything worth doing is worth doing right.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter