Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default digital elite helmet question

guys,
    came home and fedex my new miller digital elite "vintage roadster" design helmet.
    will the head gear from an elite helmet work on this new helmet ?
    i do not like the new design, with its folding back strap, and it gets caught in my hair.
    i have an old elite helmet at work, but would like to order a standard head gear now before i go to work to actually find out if they are interchangeable.
    thanks guys...
    anyone else not care for the new fangled design of the head gear ?
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Default digital elite helmet question

I like the new headgear so far, I've only got to use it without the helmet though because the headgear broke within 10 mins. I was just trying to adjust it and now it doesn't lock into the helmet

Yes,the new headgear will fit the older style hood so it stands to reason that the newer hood will take the older headgear......to me anyway.

thanks big mike.... im ordering me one right now..

and sorry to hear yours broke hunter.....

once i get use to something, like the headgear on my 5 year old elite helmet, i dont like changes. with this new style you cant just grab the helmet with one hand and put it on your head, you have to use your other hand and pull the swiveled back strap down.
    i do not like this new headgear at all. and thats right out of the box within 10 seconds....

thanks again
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

My expirience has been that the Miller h/g works much better for me that the very similar SpeedGlas one. With the 3M I have to use two hands but the Miller I can put it on one handed.
    Did you try flipping the back piece over?Maybe that would make a difference.

i now have gotten to put it on my head with one hand, but still hate the fact my hair gets caught in it every time...
    too late, i got an old style head gear on order....
    i dont like change, and even wish i could have gotten a standard elite instead of the digital. to me its just something else to go wrong.

thanks again guys
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125